Love Drama

He stood across the room, gray eyes somber and cloudy like a coming storm in the rainy seasons. We never said a word but tension and accusations hung between us so thick I was choking with it.

His arms were folded and closed. I couldn't read anything from his face. It looked like it was made from stone. I clenched my fist and instead looked out the window.

It was a clear sunny day. So opposite of the emotions here in this room. I wanted to say I was sorry but my throat felt tight and I was afraid. I was afraid of many things.

Finally he moved.

A statue come to life and stopped by the table where I sat. He tossed a picture and i felt my eyes burn. It spoke a thousand words. Of hurt. Of betrayal. Of things gone wrong. Of regret.

I forced myself to stare at the picture. Of me and another man. His best friend. Arms around each other in a lover's embrace. Mouths devouring each other like we needed oxygen.

I dared to glance at his eyes and what I saw broke something inside me. Hurt, anger, betrayal and accusation poured out from those gray eyes of his.

His heart was broken while I held the hammer that did it. And in so doing, I broke his love and his trust. Tears threatened to fall down my face. I never meant for it to happen.

"Why?"

His voice was calm, normal and coolly collected. So far apart from what he felt inside. I looked away as one fat tear rolled down my cheek. He deserved the truth.

"He was there. You weren't."

His closed his eyes as pain flashed across his face. He turned away but not before I saw the despair on his face.

"I'm filing for divorce." He said curtly.

I choked back a sob and immediately stood.

"Please, don't do this. It was a mistake. I didn't mean for it to happen." I said as I touched his shoulder. He stiffened and moved away. Anger flashed in his gray eyes as he glared at me. I felt the intensity of his anger and the sorrow mounting as every minute passed.

"I don't care, Aileene. I didn't work 24 hours a day because I wanted to. I'd thought we'd be happier if I earn a little bit more money for us. I'd thought we'd work it together." He choked a sob.

"But my father was right. What's done is done and I...I can't be with you anymore." His voice cracked at the last moment and he left the room, slamming the door.

"No!" I cried out after him and crumpled on the floor, tears flowing freely down my cheeks. My heart ached at the thought of him leaving me and already an emptiness was growing in my chest.

"Please, don't leave." I whispered.

The only sounds in the room were my sobs of guilt and regret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unicorn

What if God and Satan...